Thrivable is a real-time market research platform. We help patients and solution-makers work together to create the next generation of products and services. Organizations can reach the patients that matter, doing surveys, interviews, and more with results in hours.
We are seeking a Sales Director to help Thrivable build out a winning sales organization. You will be responsible for improving the sales process, onboarding new salespeople, and coaching the team to success. During the first 12 to 18 months, you will own a partial quota and transition into an exclusively management role as the team scales. You will work hand-in-hand with the CEO, COO, and Marketing Lead.
We prefer someone within a 3-hour drive of Cleveland, Ohio. We may also consider someone who is fully remote.
As Sales Director, you will:
Own the sales process:
- Improve outreach effectiveness, close rates, sales cycle, and forecasting.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the sales methods and program as whole and recalibrate sales strategies.
- Maximize data quality using HubSpot and other sales automation tools.
Support the team:
- Manage, lead, and mentor sales staff in identifying, creating, qualifying, nurturing and developing, and closing enterprise level opportunities.
- Groom the next generation of leaders.
- Implement robust performance measures and reviews using actual data versus benchmarks and expectations to drive strong sales execution.
- Lead hiring and onboarding for new sales executives.
- Own a partial quota until we scale to 5 salespeople.
Why you might be excited about Thrivable:
- We are working to solve a massive problem: to help health care companies get the voice of the patient into every decision.
- We are small, so you will have a big impact.
- You will get to work with smart and interesting people.
- As Thrivable grows, we are committed to helping you grow. We want to build an opportunity engine for everyone in our company.
- You can work remotely and have a flexible schedule. We don’t micromanage.
- We can care about work/life balance. We know that bringing your best self to work means having a great life outside of work.
- We are building a place where we love to work, and to do that, we hire based on our values:
- Put People First
- Cultivate Joy
- Be a Leader
- Listen to Understand
- Be Scrappy and Fast
- Deliver Extraordinary
Why you might be less excited about Thrivable:
- We are a small company (~10 people). If you like big companies where everything has already been built, now might not be the right time to join the team.
- We are a startup. Priorities and responsibilities shift regularly to keep up with our evolving business..
- Our product is in progress. We have an innovative solution, but there are many opportunities for improvement.
Key skills include:
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience, preferably in SaaS
- 1+ years of sales management experience
- Strong management skills
- Exceptionally good at building strong relationships
- Can communicate clearly to diverse audiences
- Are tech-savvy and comfortable using new tools
- Take a process-oriented approach to continuous improvement
- Are driven to deeply understand clients and their needs
- Have a growth mindset and approach new challenges with enthusiasm
- Bonus: experience working in a startup environment
We believe in putting our team first. This means:
- Competitive compensation
- Health care benefits
- Stock options so you share in our success
- 401k match so you can save for a great retirement
- Generous parental leave policy to support your family
We look forward to hearing from you!